Winter Weather Information
Riverside Public Schools
Thursday, January 31, 2019
We keep close tabs on the winter weather, but as always, please assume that we have school unless you hear otherwise.
- If you don't hear from us, we are having school. Any communication regarding cancellations will be shared with families via Facebook and alert text/phone calls.
- Please help make sure you children are dressed appropriately for the weather.
- We are monitoring the weather and we are in frequent communication with the National Weather Service and other local school districts, along with local law enforcement when monitoring winter driving conditions. While we talk to other districts, our situations are all different, therefore our decisions may not be the same in all weather events.
- We make the decision based, above all else, regarding the safety of our staff and students.
- The school calendar allows some flexibility for weather-related school cancellations, but if necessary, canceled school days may need to be made up in May.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY--Parents may always keep students home if they do not think it is safe. You know your situation better than anyone. Simply call the school to let us know. If weather permits later in the day for your student to attend, we would love to see them....even if they are late. Your student is always welcome!