Notices & Information


Riverside Principal Mrs. Sarah Nordhues is the 504 coordinator for handicapped and disadvantaged students at Riverside Public Schools. Anyone with special needs or concerns should contact:

Sarah Nordhues
124 S Ash St.
Spalding, NE 68665


Riverside Public Schools asks you to assist us in our "Nebraska Child Find" efforts. This is an ongoing statewide search for all unserved children with disabilities, ages birth through 21.

If you know of a child who is experiencing difficulties with motor development, speech and language, vision, hearing or learning, please refer the parent to the number below. The Riverside Public Schools District will provide an educational evaluation at no cost to the parent. If the child qualifies under Nebraska law, a free and appropriate educational program will be developed to meet his/her educational needs.

To contact us, please call Superintendent Kaczor at 308-497-2431 (Spalding site) or 308-358-0640 (Cedar Rapids site). You may also contact Nebraska Child find at (888) 806-6287 or visit http://www.childfind.ne.gov/index.html

District Report Card

The NEP provides information and data about Nebraska public schools and student performance. The following link will take you to the Riverside Public Schools district profile, which includes information on statewide assessments, student performance, as well as demographics, teachers, etc.

Notification of Teacher qualifications and assessments

The Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 gives parents/guardians the right to get information about professional qualifications of their child's classroom teachers.

Upon request, the Superintendent will give parents/guardians the following information about their child's teacher:

  1. Whether the teacher has met state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
  2. Whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency or provisional teaching certificate.
  3. The graduate certification or degrees held by the teacher and field of discipline. We will also, upon request, tell parents/guardians whether their child is being provided services by a paraprofessional and the qualification of such para.

Parents may also request from the Superintendent information regarding any state or district policy regarding student participation in an assessments administered by the district.